Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Part-time job in Taiwan for American high school student?

Summer Part-time job in Taiwan for American high school student?
I'm currently a high school junior and I"ll be in Taiwan this summer for about 5wks. For the first 2wks I'll be busy volunteering, but after that I pretty much don't have anything to do besides visiting relatives (and I don't need that much time to do that). Are there any part-time jobs I can do(preferably in Taichung, Taipei, or Miaoli)? I'm currently 16 years old. I'm a 1st generation Taiwanese American (as in I was born in the US) so I can speak English and Mandarin fluently. I also speak a little Japanese too, but Idk if that'll help... Thanks for the tips so far! Is it possible to get a job at a 7/11 or any other local convenience store? or are there regulations against that?
Taiwan - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i am sure there are but you aint gonna find it here
2 :
You can't legally work here without applying for a work permit and work visa. However, you may find some "under-the-table" jobs tutoring other students in English as they prepare for their competency tests which occur in August. Not at 7-11 or a "real business"; you'd have to work for a mom & pop type restaurant, coffee/tea stand, etc.

Read more other entries :