Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Can someone tell me about the lifestyle/education in Taiwan?


Can someone tell me about the lifestyle/education in Taiwan?
I would like to hear opinions from people that have been or lived there. My parents are not Asian but they were both raised in Asia. They want me to consider going to TW..to study at a university.and make a lifestly over there. Now I don't know nothin bout TW except its like next to China. I feel that if I end up goin there, I'll be outta place and unexcepted, especially when my IQ is..um...looooow compare to the student in TW. I've heard that the education there is ridiculously harsh! and people here in America still complain that there's too much work to be done. What do TW have for an adventurous, outgoing, kinda ghetto type of person?
Other - Society & Culture - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's probably fucked up.
2 :
Well my piano teacher is from Taiwan, and she said, when she was a little girl, all the girls had to have short bobs at school, short nails, and no make-up when they were teens. But it could be different now.
3 :
yuca malanga quimbombó
4 :
"I would like to hear opinions from people that have been or lived there. My parents are not Asian but they were both raised in Asia. They want me to consider going to TW..to study at a university.and make a lifestly over there." That's great to hear. "Now I don't know nothin bout TW except its like next to China." Wow! That's impressive. Most of people do not know where it is :) "I feel that if I end up goin there, I'll be outta place and unexcepted, especially when my IQ is..um...looooow compare to the student in TW. I've heard that the education there is ridiculously harsh!" That is absolutely correct. However! If you are not attending graduate school, the colleges and the universities are relatively easy. You just need a passing grade to graduate. Most of the textbooks are in English (not Chinese). According the newspaper, 99% of the students, who took the joint college examination this year, are eligible to go to colleges or univeristies. I remember couple years ago they have a brain dead student graduated from the university. Either I am really brain dead or what!!! Top reasons going to Taiwan to study: 1. English Friendly Environment 2. High Quality Educational Opportunities 3. Low Tuition Costs 4. Internationalization of Technological Universities 5. Economic Progress 6. A Democratic and Safe Environment 7. Taiwan's Friendly People & Cultural Diversity 8. Geographic Beauty 9. And more to come when you explore the many mysteries of Taiwan.. http://www.studyintaiwan.org/why_studying_in_taiwan/why-study-in-taiwan.htm "What do TW have for an adventurous, outgoing, kinda ghetto type of person?" http://www.studyintaiwan.org/why_studying_in_taiwan/why-study-in-taiwan.htm The site also give you information regarding to: Living in Taiwan Entry & Exit Information Application for Residence Accommadation & Living Insurance Transportation Bank Account Telephone Postage Working in Taiwan Tax Scholarships University Guide ETC. If you need to understand Taiwan http://tw-history.educities.edu.tw/ If you need to understand the complete Taiwan education system: http://english.moe.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=1

Read more other entries :